Monday, December 1, 2008

Secret Garden, By Adrienne Crombie, Frenchtown NJ

These paintings are located on Harrison Street on the corner of Bridge Street, Frenchtown, Hunterdon, New Jersey. They are painted on the exterior of #29 Bridge Street. The artist utilized what appeared to be a former window and doorway to Harrison Street. The artist was able to incorporate the mural/paintings into the brick exterior providing depth, and dimension to the composition.

Artist: Adrienne Crombie

Town: Frenchtown, NJ

Year: 1998

Materials: acrylic on primed cement








To view Additional


Murals :http://www.muralsandmoldings.com/wall-murals.htm

Link to artist website:


http://www.muralsandmoldings.com/

Artists's Comments:

Inspiration:

I had recovered from Guillaime Barre Syndrome and moved back to my hometown at age forty. I had a vision of a healing garden and started collecting photos and imagery that corresponded with my vision. I met the owner of the building at 31 Bridge Street, David Miller, and told him what I wanted to do. We took got approval from the Planning Board to paint the mural because it was designedto camouflage an existing eyesore on the building (a door that had been removed at an earlier date and bricked over.) Dave had a mason create a smooth surface for me over the brick and I painted the mural in the summer of 1998. I feel I have contributed something to the town that is deeply appreciated, expresses my love of nature and will endure.


My bio can be found on our website.http://www.muralsandmoldings.com
















No comments: